Jan 9, 2012

RELAY FOR LIFE

Well, I can go ahead and (half-way) check off one of my new years resolutions/goals...register and run/walk for a cause! I have registered myself and created a team for Relay For Life! Which is a relay walk/run that benefits The American Cancer Society. My team is named "The Fit Fighters"...a little play on words from the "The Foo Fighters" but instead of being rockstars, we are going to be fit relayers, fighting cancer! The relay is on April 27th, at 6pm...so ill have plenty of time to stretch those quads out and break in my running shoes and on a more important note, hopefully plenty of time to reach my goal of raising $500. I'm hoping I can get friends and family to log on to the website and join my team and donate. If not donate, at least join my team and come out that Saturday night because it is such a beautiful, touching event that instills such hope and a feeling of commodore among everyone. 
Click here to check out my personal fundraising web page!
that web page will provide information on Relay for Life, how to donate, how to join my team, what we are "relaying" for and where exactly your donation is going and everything else you might be curious about! This is a great opportunity to make a difference...there is truly nothing more rewarding and fulfilling than community service, than volunteering and helping others. and if you can enjoy yourself by getting some exercise, eating some yummy food and being with your friends and family at the same time? its a win-win situation! I hope to see you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment