Nov 10, 2011

beach bound baby

"There is something different about people from the coast of North Carolina. Its like we are our own race. We love things that people who aren't from here hate, like the salty water, the pluff mud, the sting of a sunburn, the sand. Our perfect day starts with gassing the boat, loading the cooler and heading for the water. We never see the sunrise but we watch it set from the harbor. Our blood is a mixture of salt water and sweet tea. We love a good time, we love shaggin' and Jimmy Buffet. We wear flip flops, even when its 40* outside. We work hard all week, but we play that much harder on the weekends. We are devoted to our friends, the water, porches, and music. See that's the thing I have learned about being from the coast...I could never guess where life will take me, but I will never forget where I came from."



 

No comments:

Post a Comment