Nov 9, 2011

just do it

for the past couple months i have been doing a half-ass job of trying to get in shape and loose a few lbs, basically just trying to do it the lazy, unhealthy way. id say ive been half-way successful...but that isn't going to satisfy me. i need to be honest and say that we have an exercise room IN MY HOUSE, equipped with an elliptical and a stationary bike, along with weights,etc. not only that but there is a lot of pavement outside, perfect for running on...and "not having enough time" is just not an excuse for me. i have plenty of time to exercise. i also have access to a grocery store, riiiiight down the road, that has all the healthy foods that one should consume when trying to loose weight. with that said i probably haven't exercised in over a month and last night i ate wendys for dinner. epic fail. i have plenty of resources at my disposal to be able to get into optimal shape and the only thing standing in my way is myself; my laziness, quite frankly.
so, i decided to blog about this to sort of make myself accountable, if you will. of course we all want to look good, but i need to work-out because i want to feel good. i want to feel strong and energized and HEALTHY. so im going to start TODAY. even though i really dont feel like it, id much rather grab a handful of halloween candy and my current reading book and sit on my butt outside. but im not gonna get the butt i want by sitting on the one i have now, am i? ;) the hardest part of exercising and changing your eating habits is ALWAYS the beginning, once you get into a routine and start feeling better/looking better, you will be more motivated to continue the rountine. it is going to take discipline, dedication and sacrifices but eventually the motivation that i have now will turn into a habit...speaking of motivation:
 



i have already invested in a new hot pink sports bra and new running shorts. ive also purchased songs from itunes for my ipod to play while doing cardio. my current motivation is britney spears...circa her "im a slave for you" video! (check it out here... if you want to be motivated to do some crunches!)

No comments:

Post a Comment