Nov 22, 2011

thank you

This weekend I attended a USO show at a local church in Monroe. The show was in honor of our veterans, of those who are serving and have served for our country. You cant help but be aware of the war and conscience of the fact that people have died in honor of our country; but I think we can become some what immune to the real tragedy of war, unless of course you are experiencing it first hand as a soldier or a loved one of a soldier. Fortunately I have never had anyone close to me have to go to war, so I think that may be why when I was in room full of war veterans, listening to live music honoring our veterans and viewing slide show images of tributes memorializing our soldiers - I found myself extremely emotional. I have the utmost respect and admiration for everyone who has served and sacrificed for our country, and my heart breaks for their families. I dont think I've ever been extremely "patriotic" but after attending the show, I felt an overwhelming sense of pride of being an American...I realized, more than ever, how truly heroic our American soldiers are. Even though we are "the land of the free", freedom doesn't come free and we will forever be in debt to our vets. They put their lives at risk just to protect us and I dont know how we will ever be able to thank these noble soldiers but I believe giving them the recognition and reverence they deserve is a good start.

this video shows soldiers coming home, surprising their loved ones. 
if youre reading this - by tim mcgraw; a tribute to fallen soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment