Dec 8, 2011

december resolutions


We all in some way or another make NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS, whether you type them up and put them in a frame or just make a mental note of something youd like to improve on or be more committed to - the New Year always makes us feel inspired and motivated. 45% of Americans set New Years Resolutions, and most of those resolutions are related to money and weight.  After we eat like pigs and drink like fishes through the holidays - the start of the new year is always filled with high hopes of a fresh start. "New Year, New You." But, unfortunately, those "New Years Resolutions" have never really stuck with me. (and statistically they haven't with the majority of Americans, either) So I decided to try a little something different and I have already set some December Resolutions and am proud to say that I am 6, count them..6, days into them and going strong! I am building some new habits for myself that involve my physical health and spiritual well-being. Thanks to Jayde Nicole Fitness DVDS (Jayde's Fitness Website) and "The Purpose Driven Life" book by Rick Warren (The Purpose Driven Life on Amazon.com) - my muscles and my faith are getting stronger by the day :) I'm not quite sure what I will do on New Years Eve this year, other than I know I will be giving Brock a big SMOOCH at Midnight and ill probably be wearing something with lots of sparkles.  I will hopefully be ringing in the New Year with a head start...on a stronger, more fit body and be well on my journey of spiritual growth and understanding. No matter what your goal(s) for New Years (or December, if you're like me) make it positive, be an optimist. Research shows that a positive person can live up to 9.5 years longer! That's a lot of new year's... which is a lot more opportunities to get it right! Cheers to that! :) I've got high expectations for you, 2012; don't let me down. 


“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.” - Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment