Dec 14, 2011

the time is now


"its a new dawn, a new day, a new life...for me. and im feeling good" i intend on singing those lyrics as a motto in the year 2012. 2012 is going to be my year to turn my dreams into reality. to turn my wishes into actions. to turn my aspirations into well executed goals and plans. i  have always wanted to do more charity work, to volunteer more, to "pay it forward" and think the time is now to do that. i have always wanted to run more charitable races, to be a real athlete/runner and i think this next year is a perfect time to go ahead and register myself for some local races. i have always attended church but never been a committed member, that was actively volunteering, and i think now is a great time to go ahead and make that commitment. i have a horrible habit of just sitting, wishing and waiting for my life to get better, by some divine intervention or miraculous happening. im good at being a victim of my circumstances, and finding excuses or depending too heavily on others as opposed to being driven and disciplined. i'm constantly and enviously comparing myself to others and idolizing their lives while never really doing much of anything to change or enrich mine. i am a firm believer that nothing is truly impossible, you can get anything out of life that you want, as long as you are willing to do the foot work and put some effort into it. what i dont want is for another year to pass and for me to feel as if i have wasted time, accomplishing nothing, aimlessly passing the days, worrying about superficial things, not growing or learning or evolving or reaching my potential. sometimes we have to know what we DONT want, in order to figure out what we DO want. this year...i'd hope to surprise myself, to develop some positive habits and ditch some bad ones, to find a sense of accomplishment at the end of everyday, to learn more about myself and be more of an individual, to make myself proud, to not take life for granted, to be less self-centered and more giving, to wake up earlier, to spend less time wrapped up in technology and be more present, to count my blessings, to really invest in my relationship with God, and to become the best version of myself that i am capable of being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment